The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) is announcing that residents will have a new way to access their COVID-19 vaccination records. Residents will be able to download an updated Proof of Vaccination Credential (PVC) through a self-serve online form.
Starting October 12th, 2021, you can use the self-serve online form to apply for and download your Proof of Vaccination Credential. The self-serve online form will make it faster and easier to access your COVID-19 vaccination health record and will reduce the need for in-person pick up of your COVID-19 Vaccination Records. Access the self-serve online form here: https://www.gov.nt.ca/proof-vaccination
The Proof of Vaccination Credential has been updated to be consistent with federal requirements. The information contained in the PVC will include name, date of birth, and dates and description of vaccine. The format is standardized to allow for it to be used across the country. This credential contains your personal health information and should be kept private unless you need to demonstrate your vaccination status.
“The GNWT has been working closely with the Government of Canada and with our provincial and territorial counterparts to develop this consistent, Canada-wide Proof of Vaccination Credential. This new way to access your COVID-19 vaccination health record is fast, easy, and secure. I encourage everyone to use the self-serve online form.”
– Julie Green, Minister of Health and Social Services
- Previously, residents could request a proof of vaccination printout from their community health centre or public health unit. This new way to access your COVID-19 vaccination record will make it faster and easier to get your proof of vaccination.
- Later in October, this new PVC will also be available for in-person pickup. Details and locations will be available on the COVID-19 website. At this time, please do not go to your local health centre to request a copy of the newly formatted PVC. Please use the online form.
- Self-serve Proof of Vaccine Credential online form
- Government of Canada’s information on international travel
- Government of Canada’s information on domestic travel
- GNWT’s Employee Vaccination Policy
For media requests, please contact:
Northwest Territories Health and Social Service Authority
Government of the Northwest Territories
Phone Number: (867) 767-9107 ext. 40150