Released on October 12, 2021
With influenza vaccination clinics starting in Saskatchewan today, the Saskatchewan Health Authority (SHA) has returned to mass-immunization clinics, in addition to the pop-up mobile clinics that had been offered throughout August and September.
More than 50,000 appointments for immunization are currently available in the online Patient Booking System, in addition to some walk-in immunization clinics also available across the province. A further 24,000 appointments have already been booked.
For the first time, the SHA is providing an online option for booking your appointment. A flu shot booking tool is now available on their website at www.4flu.ca. Flu shot appointments can also be booked by telephone at 1-833-SASKVAX (1-833-727-5829).
Also new this year, COVID-19 vaccinations will be available at most SHA operated flu shot clinics, so residents can receive both flu and COVID-19 vaccinations at the same time and location. The COVID-19 vaccinations can be booked using the same online flu shot appointment tool or by phone. If you need both a COVID and flu shot, only one appointment is needed. Health staff are trained to offer both vaccines to those eligible.
COVID-19 Summary for October 12, 2021:
- From October 6 – 12, 27,373 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been given in Saskatchewan, bringing the total number of vaccines administered in the province to 1,604,075.
- As of October 12, 83 per cent of those 12+ have received their first dose and 74 per cent of those 12+ are fully vaccinated.
- There were 3,410 new cases of COVID-19 to report in Saskatchewan from October 6 – 12, bringing the provincial total to 72,730 cases. There were 3,307 recoveries recorded during the same period.
- The seven-day average of new COVID-19 cases in Saskatchewan is currently 487 (40.4 per 100,000).
- Twenty-seven new deaths were reported October 6 – 12.
- There were 384 new lineage results reported for October 6 – 12.
- As of October 12, there are 348 people in hospital: 268 are receiving inpatient care and 80 are in intensive care. Two hundred and sixty-one of the people in hospital (75 per cent) are not fully vaccinated.
- From October 6 – 12, there were 28,014 COVID-19 tests processed in Saskatchewan.
Daily provincial COVID-19 statistics by age, date and geographic zones including active cases, recoveries, confirmed variants of concern and vaccination information can be found at www.saskatchewan.ca/covid19-cases.
Stick it to COVID – Get Your Vaccination
The Saskatchewan Health Authority is holding vaccination clinics throughout the province. Watch for details on clinic locations and times are listed on the SHA website. Any changes to clinic hours and location will be updated online.
A map of pharmacies participating in COVID-19 vaccinations is available at www.saskatchewan.ca/covid19-pharmacies.
General COVID-19 Information
General public inquiries may be directed to COVID19@health.gov.sk.ca.
For more information, contact: